What is FASTag?
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions. You need to recharge / top up the tag as per your requirement.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment - No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time.
- Online Recharge - Tag can be recharged online through Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking.
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
- Online Portal for customers.
- You can avail a cashback of 2.5% on all National Highway Toll Payments using FASTag in FY 2019 – 20.
What is the validity of FASTag?
FASTag has unlimited validity. The same FASTag can be used till the tag is read by the reader and not tampered with. In case due to wear and tear the reading quality depreciates, please reach out to your Issuing Bank for a new tag.
Which are the roads where the tag can be used?
FASTag is presently operational at toll plazas across national highways. More toll plazas are being brought under the FASTag program every day. You may see the list of plazas in the 'Active Toll Plazas' section.
What are the charges for FASTag?
FASTag has a onetime Fee of ₹100 including service tax with GST. The refundable security deposit depends on the vehicle type. Please check the 'Fees and Charges' section for details.
How can I buy FASTag?
You may visit any of the IndusInd Bank branches near to you, to get your tag account
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC documents along with your
vehicle’s RC Book, Driving Licence and Vehicle at the Branch location. You may call our customer care 1860 210 8887 to know more details.
What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC document
You need to submit the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner:
- Online Portal for customers.
|ID proof and Address proof from the list mentioned, and 1 passport size photograph
||Voter ID Card
||Aadhaar Card (with address)
|A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
|Public Ltd./ Private Ltd./ Partnership
|Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership Deed/Registration certificate of the firm
||PAN Card of Proprietor
|PAN Card of the corporate
||Address Proof of the Proprietor
|Photo ID of signing authority
||Shop Act or other Firm Proof
|List of Directors with addresses/Name and addresses of Partners
Our representative will provide you an application form, which you need fill and submit.
All required documents for FASTag should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle. If car owner is not present at the time of application, driver will need to submit his photo ID proof.A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
All documents (copies) submitted by customer to the Bank must be self-attested by the customer.
Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
Yes, you will have to use the lanes demarcated for FASTag.
Can I avail a monthly pass?
Monthly pass for a toll plaza will be issued at that particular toll plaza or the POS location set by the bank managing the respective toll plaza. If you are registered tag holder, you need to approach/visit the toll plaza and request for the particular pass scheme. NPCI with help of NHAI and banks have implemented the issuance of monthly pass on FASTag through an online option also.
Any existing FASTag user can get a monthly pass issued by following the below steps:
- Open NHAI Portal nhai.gov.in and click on “FASTag Monthly Pass” link
- Select the toll plaza name and enter the captcha
- You’ll be redirected to the bank’s page who manages the respective toll plaza , where you’ll have to enter the existing Tag ID or VRN (vehicle registration number) used by you
- Select the Pass Type, Pass Scheme and continue with the payment
- You’ll be issued with a receipt on successful payment, Print/download the receipt for future reference.
NOTE: there is no need to purchase a new RFID tag ti avail a monthly pass scheme at any toll plaza. Your existing FASTag can be configured with the available monthly scheme of the toll plaza.
How do I update my KYC and how much time will it take for my KYC to get updated in the system?
If you are a new customer, you can submit your valid KYC documents for verification during the registration itself in the Customer portal, or at the IBL Banking branches, or to the Agents of our Channel Partners to register yourself as Full – KYC customer. If you are an existing customer, and you need to update your KYC details to upgrade from Min – KYC customer to Full – KYC customer, please follow these steps:
- Log into Customer Portal at www.fastag.indusind.com, choose 'Customer Login' & enter your username and password. You can click the “My Profile” in the left panel and update the correct KYC details along with proper documents in the ‘KYC’ section of the “My Profile” page.
- Visit nearby IBL Banking Branch with valid KYC documents and approach our bank agent to assist you in the KYC updation process.
- If you are registered through any agent of our channel partner, you can also approach them with valid documents to assist you in the KYC updation process.
The KYC details updated in our portal will be verified and approved by our Bank admin and the status will be updated in the portal in 2 working days from the date of submission. Only valid KYC documents are approved after verification and for any mismatch, the request will be rejected and you will be alerted regarding the same.
How do I replace my tag and how long will it get for my tag to get replaced?
You can Login to your a/c at www.fastag.indusind.com, click on the link “Replace my tag” in the left panel or visit the nearby IBL Banking branches or approach the respective agent of our IBL Bank Channel Partner (from whom the tag was purchased) for further assistance. For replacing your tag, you will have to pay a nominal charge of Rs 100 including currently applicable taxes (Basic Tag Cost). You don’t have to pay Security deposit again for replacing your Tag. Your tag replacement request will be verified and approved by our Bank Admin and the status will be updated in the portal in 2 working day.
How do I update my Vehicle Registration Number and when it will be updated?
You can update your Vehicle Registration Number by visiting the nearby IBL Banking branches or approaching the respective agent of our IBL Bank Channel Partner (from whom the tag was purchased). For updating your Vehicle Registration Number, scanned copy of valid RC original document – as updated by RTO needs to be submitted for validation. Your Vehicle Registration Number update request will be verified and approved by our Bank Admin and the status will be updated in the portal in 1 working day.
What is the tag closure process and when will my tag get closed?
- You can Login to your a/c at www.fastag.indusind.com, click on the link “Tag Closing” in the left panel and click the “Close” option for the tag(s) you want to close and submit the remarks for closure of tag. Post OTP Validation, the tag closure request will be submitted.
- You can also visit the nearby IBL Banking branches and raise Tag Closure request to the IBL Banking branch agent.
- Your tag closure request will be verified and approved by our Bank Admin and the tag closure status will be updated in the portal in 2 working days.
- For closure of tag in a single tag wallet / last tag in a multiple tag wallet, you need to submit clear image of your cheque to update in our portal for proper closure.
How can I recharge my tag account?
You may recharge your TAG account by making payment online through Debit Card, Credit, Net Banking & other online payment modes. The TAG account can be recharged upto ₹2,00,000 for Full KYC accounts and ₹ 10,000 for Limited-KYC accounts. You may also recharge your TAG account at an IndusInd Bank Branch or PoS locations near Toll Plazas by paying cash. For online recharge, please follow these steps:
- Log into Customer Portal at www.fastag.indusind.com, choose 'Customer Login' & enter your username and password
- Go to Payments Recharge Account
- Select the tag accounts to be recharged and mention the respective amounts to be uploaded
- Choose payment mode as 'Pay by Online' and click 'Continue'.
- A new window will open with an option to select your bank.
- Please select your bank from the list and continue.
- You will be asked for the login credentials for your bank account. Please proceed with the details and complete the payment.
- Minimum recharge amount a tag can be recharged with is ₹ 100.
- Do not refresh the browser or press the 'Back' button in the middle of the transaction.
You may also choose to recharge your FASTag using UPI from any of the preferred mobile app such as Google Pay, PhonePe, PayTm etc. using below steps:
- Go to your UPI Payments mobile app
- Choose the option of pay using UPI ID
- Enter UPI ID: NETC.VEHICLENUMBER@INDUS
- Enter the ‘Amount’
- Enter the ‘UPI Pin’
IndusInd Bank customers can also recharge their FASTag through BBPS by visiting any of your preferred mobile app. Simply login to your Mobile app and follow below instructions:
How do I generate/ reset my username and password?
- Choose the option of “FASTag Recharge”
- Choose the Bank Name, whom you have got the FASTag issued
- Enter the Vehicle Number & Account Name
- Choose the payment method – UPI/Card as supported by the selected mobileapp.
- Click on ‘Pay’ to recharge.
- Enter Amount (mention the vehicle # in narration, if reqd)
- Enter the PIN to confirm the payment.
Once your FASTag account is created, Please log in to the customer portal and register yourself to generate your user id and password. Please enter the required information in the prompts and the system will send an SMS with your log in details to your registered mobile number. You may call our customer care 1860 210 8887 for assistance.
How would I cross toll plaza, if ETC equipment are not working?
In case ETC equipment are not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, please pay the toll fee in cash at the plaza. Additionally, please call our customer care and also report the issue with the concessionaire.
Is there any minimum or maximum value for such recharge / top up?
Yes, the minimum recharge amount is ₹ 100 and maximum is ₹ 2 lac for a Full-KYC Account
I have two vehicles, can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
You will need to take two separate FASTags for the each vehicle.
What do I have to do if I lost my RFID Tag? What will happen to the account balance?
You will need to call our customer care number to block your FASTag. Once you take a new tag, we will transfer the balance to the new tag.
How would I know that the correct user fee has been deducted from my FASTag account?
You will receive an SMS alert in your registered phone number each time a balance is deducted from your FASTag account.
How would I report an incorrect deduction and how will I get back the same?
You can report an incorrect deduction by calling our call centre. For all toll transactions, the toll plaza system sends a request to Bank for debiting the toll amount that is due from you. In the rare scenario of Toll Plaza system sending an incorrect amount, Bank would raise a Chargeback on behalf of you to recover the money that has been collected in excess by Toll Plaza. This Chargeback process normally takes up to 20-30 working days. All incorrect deductions, if proven so, are reverted back post representing the case with Toll Plaza.
How do I block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
You can call our customer care or login to www.fastag.indusind.com to block your FASTag account.
I have new vehicle fitted with RFID Tag. How to get it activated?
OEM or RFID tags fitted by vehicle manufacturer cannot be used as replacement of FASTag. Only FASTags issued by an issuing bank can be used for purpose of electronic toll payment.
Banks are exploring ways to use these tags for ETC , however it will require some new technical development. It will also be subject to tag being in proper condition without any damage or tampering. For now, you will have to purchase a tag from IndusInd Bank in order to use it through us.
Can FASTag be used for passage through toll plazas on the state highways?
FASTag can be used on all toll plazas where it has been implemented. You can check the list of Plazas click here
I have FASTag and also balance amount, but I could not go through ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked/ rectified to see whether it is active or not?
You can raise a request regarding the same by calling our customer care or login to www.fastag.indusind.com to check your tag/account details.
I reside within 10 Km of a particular Toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?
You will need to submit your documents to the concessionaire validating your residence within 10km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle
Why are the rates different for different vehicle categories?
Vehicles are categorized for the welfare of road users. This categorization is primarily based on the size and load they carry and damage done to the road and type of use (commercial/personnel) of a vehicle.
Why concessions to local/ frequent users are different?
Concession to local/frequent users are extended as welfare measures. There may be variation in the concessions available as these have been provided at different times under different fee rules and provisions of concession agreement.
Why full user fee (toll) is to be paid although we travel a small length on the project road?
In India, the tolling is generally under the open system, whereby fee payable is a fixed amount based on the length of stretch under one project which is normally 60 kilometers. If a stretch is of lesser length, user fee of actual length only may be collected.
In case of Harassment/ misconduct/ discourteous/ rude behaviour of toll collection staff, what should we do?
MORTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTAG complaints related to Toll Plaza. You can call this number and report the same.
Why the user fee (toll) rate is different at 2 Toll Plazas?
User fee on a particular fee plaza is based on stretch length under that plaza, structures (bridge, tunnel, bypass) and width of the highways, applicable fee rules and provisions of the concessions agreement.
I bought a IndusInd Bank FASTag. Now I want to replace my FASTag as the tag got damaged accidentally. Do I have to buy a new tag by paying Security Deposit Again?
No. You don’t have to pay Security deposit again for replacing your Tag. Login to your a/c at www.fastag.indusind.com, click on the link “Replace my tag” in the left panel. For replacing your tag, you will have to pay a nominal charge of Rs 100 (including currently applicable taxes).
I had taken a FASTag for my vehicle from a different Bank earlier. Now I have purchased IndusInd Bank FASTag for the same vehicle. Is this allowed?
Yes. You can replace your existing FASTag with IndusInd Bank FASTag. However, please ensure you remove other bank’s FASTag sticker from the vehicle and paste only IndusInd Bank FASTag on the vehicle. Pasting more than one FASTag on the same vehicle is a violation and will attract penalty.
Do I have an online mechanism for raising any concerns or transactional disputes?
Yes, Login to you’re a/c at www.fastag.indusind.com, click on the link “Raise Dispute Request” (if any) available in the left panel. For raising a dispute, you’ll have to choose the date & Vehicle# from the drop down.
How is 1033 helpline number useful to me? What type of toll plaza level complaints can I raise by calling this number?
MORTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTag complaints at toll plaza level. Customer can simply dial 1033 from Mobile/Landline for the following issues:
- Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even though Tag is not blacklisted.
- Plaza not accepting FASTag
- Plaza not able to read the Tag
- Plaza not supporting for monthly pass issuance
- Any other applicable issue for FASTag
What should I do, if the system displays Vehicle number already have blacklist or any other exceptions?
If you find any exceptions as given in the below category, please contact the respective Issuer Bank provided in the same pop-up for further resolution.
||Tags in negative balance or with violations
||ag exempted from toll fare as per NHAI/MoRTH guidelines except for tags of vehicles belonging to customer with physical disability
||Tag with customer account balance below threshold limit
||Tag of customer with physical disability
||Tag Blacklisted by RBI, IHMCL/NHAI, Central/State law enforcement, police and or defense
||Tag of customer who closes account, surrenders tag or switches to a new Issuer bank/ entity